Old 08-28-2020, 04:47 AM
bearisgray
Power Poster

I took parchment paper - that I use to line my baking pans with (I have been making a lot of zucchini bread this summer) - down to my cutting table downstairs to trim it to fit my smaller loaf pans. I get more accurate, better fitting pieces when I cut them using an acrylic ruler and rotary cutter instead of just hacking away at the paper with a scissors.

I also had some pellon non-fusible, non-woven interfacing on the table at the time. I just noticed that the color, width, and texture of the two materials seemed somewhat similar.

This was just an observation that I could easily see myself grabbing the wrong stuff i If I was not paying close attention - or distracted - and these items were located close to each other on the table. Which they were.

I am still hopeful that I would notice the difference before actually using either product incorrectly.

By the way, wax paper and parchment paper are not interchangeable, either.

Before I learned to line the baking pans with parchment paper, even though I greased the pans, the loaves did not come out "cleanly". When I bake the zucchini bread using the pans lined with parchment paper, almost all the crust stays on the zucchini bread instead of sticking to the pan.

I do grease the pans with Crisco before lining them with the parchment paper. The reason I do is so that the parchment paper will "stay put" better. And so that the bread will not stick to the corners of the pan.

This was just a post trying to be entertaining.

But - a reminder to pay attention to what one is doing. I was looking for some hydrocortisone cream - and without my glasses on - I am not able to read the labels if the print is small - so just because a container "looks and feels right" for what you think it should be holding - make sure that it is actually what you really want to use/take.

I am beginning to see/understand why people can take the wrong medication. Especially if their vision is staring to fail - and they don't bother to put their glasses on (if glasses still help) - or they are too bleary-eyed to see - or for whatever reason.

Be safe.

Last edited by bearisgray; 08-28-2020 at 05:04 AM.