View Single Post
Old 08-31-2020, 03:39 AM
Macybaby

Love that round Bugaroo - I've got to not start thinking of what I'll add until I'm done with Mona's. 54.5" unfinished is what we'd be at if everyone added the 6" per side, but it sounds like that's a target and not a hard rule.

Here is a few more pictures. This leaf cluster took almost 2 hours to stitch out, so I'm going to be at this for a while. I've got three designs for leaf clusters, then plan on putting some flowers growing at the bottom.

I had not planned on doing anything to make the quilt look like it's hanging from the tree, but it is an option if Mona would like that. Might be better to wait until it's all done and see if it would look good. I do like how it looks like a quilt within a quilt, and I think with the next borders, it could look like a quilt within a quilt within a quilt. I like that look!

If anyone is curious, my largest hoop is 14"x12". I hoop the stabilizer and then use washable school glue to attach the fabric on the top. So far it's been working pretty well, and it sure does make getting the fabric lined up correctly with the design a lot easier.

Even with a big hoop, when the design is 10x12, there is not much room for movement.
Attached Thumbnails imgp5056.jpg   imgp5059.jpg  

Last edited by Macybaby; 08-31-2020 at 03:43 AM.