View Single Post
Old 09-01-2020, 05:54 AM
Still Sew N

I'm trying to help out here, not make it more confusing. I have an Janome Artistic SD 18 which Tin Lizzie made for Janome. I had written a letter to Janome to find out about the origins of this machine and was given that information. Is the Queen Quilter 18 the same machine? I cannot answer that. If it is the same machine, I was able to purchase a ruler foot from ACE Sewing & Vacuum in Newberg OR, phone number 503-538-1122. The ruler foot works on my machine just fine and the packaging for the foot clearly shows it is a foot for a Tin Lizzie. I've owned my longarm almost 6 years. The only issue I've had is tension which I finally got a solid grip on. I keep it clean, oiled and change out the needle after every quilt. This year, I've quilted 6 larger quilts, numerous table runners, several baby quilts and probably 5 or 6 panel quilts. My machine and I have put in some hours. Recently, I purchased an additional bobbin case on Amazon for $9.99. It fits, it works. I also purchased two boxes of 100 bobbins for around $30 per box - also from Amazon which beats the quilt shop prices of $2.00 each. I have no complaints on this machine. It is a simple machine and I'd buy it all over again I like it just that much!