View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 05:47 AM
icwilsonfl

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
Here's another warm welcome from Southern California. My basic machines are the Janome MC6600P and a 1950 Singer 15-91. (My traveling machine is the Singer Featherweight.) My friend has the older version Bernina 830 and when her first one had a disaster befall it, she replaced it with another one. She swears by it. It is great fun to read everything on this site and such a wealth of information, all you need do is ask a question. And we love to see what people make, so hope you will post some of your work too.
Thank you for the welcome! I sewed using a Janome MC6600P for nearly 8 years and it started giving me trouble with weird stitch lengths and not wanting to sew over a few layers of quilting fabric as it used to. I took it in to be serviced and it did the same thing. Then Covid happened and, well, I thought it was a good time to replace it. I'll definitely keep it as my backup because it was a wonderful machine when it worked right.

I'm looking forward to spending time just reading posts here. Everyone has been so warm and helpful!