View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 07:50 AM
Iceblossom

Thanks all for the nice comments. I tried to get you a good picture but I need to figure out some better techniques, I'm getting lighting worked out more and more. Currently I'm standing unsteadily on a little step stool, I think if I get the actual 3-step ladder thing I can get a better angle with less distortion.

I'm still going to be checking in daily but am not planning on working on the project again until next round, and since I'll be on the road, not until the 23rd or after. Rebecca and I are coordinating her round getting to me and might appreciate a little flexibility.

Until after the trip, I have the Frolic UFO to work on, it's at the (for me at least) exciting phase of putting together all the little time consuming fussy sub-units into the puzzle and make something out of them. I've done UFOs before in various stages of construction but I think I rather like this having almost everything done perfectly and not having to redo anything.

I just like to spend some time each day with fabric and piece much faster than I quilt down. Really the only thing that keeps me from making more tops than I do is the getting them quilted part. I no longer have access to the long arm I was able to use for several years. On my domestic machine the queen sized projects I make are pretty demanding on me physically, but I'm able to deal with a twin sized and smaller. The Bernina is rather lovely for quilting actually but I can see where I would want a flush mounted table. I just really prefer moving the sewing machine head as opposed to the quilt, but that's not what my small house or budget say.