View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 10:33 PM
ernestsewell

Originally Posted by Dougstermd View Post
So today she brought home some more there was a little sewing machine at first glance I thought it was a serger or an embroidery machine because of the thread storage compartment. It was a Euro-Pro 416 sewing machine. It’s a neat little machine I was just curious who has used one and any thoughts about it.
I have this machine. Sort of inherited it from my friend's mother. It's a nice little machine. The tension settings are a bit fussy but easily handled with some practice.

I don't like that I can't drop the feed dogs in this, but they are easily removed. I want to be able to do free motion quilting on it. I think if I got the right free-motion foot and removed the feed dogs, I'd be set. I mean, theoretically, any sewing machine could be used for quilting with the right setup.

Has anyone ever used this specific machine for quilting? I have the manual PDF, but the only quilting it mentions is a quilting foot that is basically a flatter foot that only lets you do straight stitching. The foot has more flat space on it likely to hold down quilting as you pull it thru. It's good for doing stitch in the ditch.

Anyone w/ this and some tips would be appreciated. Thanks!