Euro-Pro 416 machines

Old 11-18-2019, 04:04 PM

Keeping an emergency sewing machine as a back up is a must! We are all enablers here so no one will tell you not to keep both .
Old 11-18-2019, 05:38 PM

I just finally got my industrial machine to make stitches I’m so ecstatic!!! I’m going to learn this machine and yes I will keep one home owner machine for back up. This industrial machine is what I dream about as a child watching and helping my mother make pants etc. I always thought I can make ultilty things bags etc. My first piece was a draw string bag for my dominoes. Basically stitched the bottom of scrap jeans and added the draw string at the top. All on a toy sewing machine. Did I mention I got the big machine to sew???
Old 11-19-2019, 07:27 PM

Congratulations... That feeling is why most of us have many machines. The thrill of it!
Old 11-21-2019, 03:57 PM

Yeah my first time getting a treadle machine to sew was amazing last winter. I’m not good at sewing but I’m still amazed by those that can do it well. Is 50 years old to old to ask for an apprenticeship at the local upholstery shop?
Old 11-22-2019, 11:20 AM

I'd say no. Never too old. If one was closer to me, I would have also. Approach it as help for them, whatever the task early on, even sweeping the floors. Observe and while questions are good, don't slow them down or interfere with their jobs to get done. Try to learn the steps and order.
If I were you I would first get familiar with sewing and sewing machines and get a good book on upholstery terms and tools. Check youtube videos.
In other words, don't go in cold.
Good luck. Let us know what happens. If I can help you on sewing, sewing machines, upholstery etc, you can PM me too. I have lots of Upholstery tools and books and 6 industrial machines.
Old 11-27-2019, 02:51 PM

I already have a full time job as an aircraft mechanic but I’m certain some chores around an upholstery shop might lead to something to do in my retirement.
Old 09-09-2020, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Dougstermd View Post
So today she brought home some more there was a little sewing machine at first glance I thought it was a serger or an embroidery machine because of the thread storage compartment. It was a Euro-Pro 416 sewing machine. It’s a neat little machine I was just curious who has used one and any thoughts about it.
I have this machine. Sort of inherited it from my friend's mother. It's a nice little machine. The tension settings are a bit fussy but easily handled with some practice.

I don't like that I can't drop the feed dogs in this, but they are easily removed. I want to be able to do free motion quilting on it. I think if I got the right free-motion foot and removed the feed dogs, I'd be set. I mean, theoretically, any sewing machine could be used for quilting with the right setup.

Has anyone ever used this specific machine for quilting? I have the manual PDF, but the only quilting it mentions is a quilting foot that is basically a flatter foot that only lets you do straight stitching. The foot has more flat space on it likely to hold down quilting as you pull it thru. It's good for doing stitch in the ditch.

Anyone w/ this and some tips would be appreciated. Thanks!