View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 08:05 AM
Iceblossom

My package did arrive yesterday, just as we were leaving the house to run errands. Among which was going to pick up our coolers from the in-laws. Smoke level means time to drive with lights on now.

We had to move our Tuesday group to outside because of Covid, but we cancelled for today. Between lungs and eyes, even those who don't normally have issues are having them now. I don't notice the smell any more, but I'm going to keep the package sealed under after my trip. Bummer, wanted to open it and show it to the girls, but think it is best to just control myself.

With the Canadian fires a couple years ago we had a lot more ash. This smoke has traveled far enough we don't get much residue but you can sure see it. We did have a couple sprinkles of rain yesterday but not enough to either water the plants or clear the sky. They are hoping for real rain at the end of the week and expect that to help quite a bit. Air quality alert is currently issued through Thursday -- which coincides with the hoped for rain -- and my trip departure!
https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/se...y-index/351409