View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 02:26 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

My son and I were ( chatting) today, he finished another quilt- a denim one this time- and I asked what he was going to do next. His response was (“ I think I will play with my 3D blocks some more, unless you need me to do something for you. “)
my response....
I feel about 6 weeks behind on everything And, have (7!) baby quilts to make- the family is having a baby explosion!
we have (2) 2 year olds, (3) 1 year olds, 1 due on October 2 and one due in January....none have received much anticipated baby quilts from me.
Ben said- “ hey, I can help with those, tell me colors, and sizes- so i did, he asked what needed first...my great granddaughter who turns 2 on October 1
about 5 minutes later he sent me a sketch- thinking this in pinks & purple....PERFECT! He continues to amaze me- told me not to worry he’s got my back....
long story coming to end— knowing what fabrics I’ve been sending him for the past 6 months I took a break and packed a box- a tote full of kids quints, flannels, novelties- and took it straight to the post office- I had 2 large totes full- now I have 1. Another 10+ yards of fabric gone. Probably closer to 15.
here’s a picture of one Ben finished last week- I haven’t transferred the picture of the denim one yet.
Attached Thumbnails 7bd3f72a-3cce-4869-a542-769ef7dab8b0.jpeg