View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 05:55 PM
  #984  
Teen
Super Member
 
Teen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Southwest Idaho
Posts: 5,507
Default

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 View Post
A top is finished! Wahoo! This was a leader/ender project. I had many strip blocks already made in my stash so I used my die cutter for the scrappy triangle of the FG. I also used it for the wings of the FG and triangles for the 4 patches. The pattern is from the BH String Frenzy book and is called Geese on a String, I didn’t use foundation squares per the pattern since I already had string blocks to cut into the FG.

There was more fabric of the orange and it was already pieced for a backing. I made it wider from cutting from the length. So between the top and the backing, about 8.5 yards are gone.

This will go into my church quilter’s pile to finish sometime.
Wow...this is amazing, retiredteacher... just gorgeous! So much work in this. I always forget about leader/enders even when the basket is sitting right next to my machine, lol... wonderful job on stashing it!
Teen is offline