View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 07:10 AM
tropit

I just got my first order from MDG. The fabric is from their own line. For the most part, I like the it. I would put it in the, "Medium Quality," category, somewhere between Walmart and Connecting Threads. For the price, it's really not bad. It's a tiny bit rough and a little stiff and the thread count is close, but probably isn't quite as high as CTs. Still, I think it will make useful, utility quilts and other projects. Much of what I ordered was solids. The prints that I received aren't as detailed as I would expect from high-end fabrics, but not terrible either. They will work just fine in a quilt with other fabrics.

I don't usually wash my fabrics first, but I think that I will wash this batch. I want to test the shrinkage and any possible bleeding. Overall, I'm pleased with my purchase. I've ordered a couple more bundles from them that have not come in yet, so we'll see how those look.

Customer service is OK. However, keep in mind that they like to use the phone, verses email, and that they don't have an answering service for after-hours calls. This means that you need to keep in mind of their time zone and operating hours. Also, you may not get the person that you need when you call, so it might take a couple of calls to iron out a problem.