View Single Post
Old 09-24-2020, 05:07 AM
Macybaby

Everyone is commenting on MaryB's round, and I missed it somehow so had to go back and find the picture - and wow - that really looks nice! I love when the rounds pull together so it's harder to tell where one stops and the other begins.

I started pulling fabric for travelinggramma's quilt. DH was talking about maybe needing to make a shopping trip so I figured I'd better see if I need any fabric. This quilt has so many slightly aqua/turquois colors, and that is a favorite of mine, so I managed to pull about 20 fabrics that could be used (will trim that down), So I guess I really don't have a good excuse for a trip to the LQS. DH isn't in a big hurry for what he needs, so it's looking like we'll wait for a while before making the trip. DH had ordered a new waterheater for my studio, and since it's on a second floor he wanted one with an automatic shutoff if it starts to leak. We'll have to make the 2 hour trip to go pick it up once it's in, so we'll probably wait and make one trip instead of two.

I started working on the first center I made, and the design morphed into a medallion quilt with four quarters instead of having rounds., It's sort of got rounds . . . I want to get more of it done before I start sewing on anything else.