View Single Post
Old 09-24-2020, 06:23 AM
sewingpup

Originally Posted by bneuen View Post
Was wondering if anyone in the forum uses the square in a square method by Jodi Barrows? I’ve had the original ruler for years but I’ve never used it. I watched a webinar yesterday and it looks like it would take a whole new way of thinking. Just wondered if anyone uses it and how well you like it before I would invest in a book. Looking forward to your comments.
I have done a couple of quilts using that method and it is great for using up scraps. I had a basket of thimbleberries fabrics left over from other projects and used up a lot of the small pieces. I did take a class from Jodi at a quilt conference when I was first starting out with making quilts....I should get those rulers out again and give it another whirl. I have several of her other rulers and books. The method does take some getting used to and I would advise starting with one of the beginning projects to get used to the method. I think my first quilt was named something like "wonky stars" the basic unit was a 8 pointed star.