View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 09:07 AM
tropit

Update on my MDG purchase:

So, as I mentioned above,some of my fabrics came in. I ordered prints and solids and I was curious about how much the fabric might shrink. I was also concerned about bleeding, so I cut 2 scraps of the red and white print fabric, 17X10 inches each and threw one in the washer on hot, then in the dryer. I then compared it to the same size scrap that I did not wash. The washed scrap came out 1/8" shorter for the WOF and 1/2" shorter for the LOF. There was also some fading of the red, but I did not see any bleeding. For my purposes, I'm fine with the results. I like crinkly quilts, so the shrinkage is not a issue and I have a rustic decor, so a slightly, faded print works just fine for me. If that's not to your taste, then you might want to think carefully before ordering from them.

After I received the fabric, I kept thinking that one of the prints looked very familiar. Sure enough, when I went through my scrap basket, there was an almost identical print, with the same fabric weight/texture that I had ordered several years ago from Connecting Threads. That fabric has held up well in my everyday, utility quilt.