View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 09:49 AM
SuzzyQ

Originally Posted by tropit View Post
Thanks for the encouragement. Congrats on your finished project, Suz.

I do know my way around a construction site and mainly how to use most tools. We've built 4 houses of our own, so I've absorbed a lot.

Yes, my DH does have lots and lots of tools, but I am not allowed to use any of them. Plus, they're always on some job site. It's also a male ego thing. He doesn't want his wife outdoing him when it comes to construction. (Like I'm really going to go and build an entire house...crazy! Why would I do that when I have him to build it for me?) He also steals any tools that I go out and buy. I don't know how many orbital sanders I've bought over the years. Now, I buy them in multiples and hide them t/o the property. I'm down to only 2 now...he's found a few of them.

None of this should be taken too seriously. It's a silly game that we have played since we first met in 1973. However, he has suddenly discovered gardening, (one of my dearest passions,) and is now stealing my tools, sprinklers and re-routed all of the water to his new veggie patch. This might lead to, "war!" All I can say, is that he'd better leave my sewing machine alone, or there might be blood! (Just kidding, of course.)

I'll keep y'all posted on those shelves.
Good attitude!
My late DH - bless his soul - used to build me something for the practice, which meant it never really got finished. He presented all his finished work to the DIL. I got all the scrap lumber, unpainted, unsanded stuff.
And when he started cooking.....
I miss him....