View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 11:37 AM
Quiltingdaughter

Question Bernina Q24 sale help!

Hello All,
I am reaching out in the hopes that you can offer advice or insight to my help my sister and myself. Our mom, who was an avid learning quilter, recently passed and our father has asked for our help in clearing out her craft room as its too painful a reminder for him. She had recently (within last 2 or 3 years) switched to using a Bernina longarm machine to do her quilting. The model is Q24 and its on a large frame, it was well maintained and only infrequently used due to onset of her illness. They live in Vida, Oregon which is a short drive from Eugene, OR. I know the size of it will likely be an issue but I was thinking of having the shop that it was purchased from give a quote on disassembling it and packing it up properly.
So we have searched everywhere to find other listings of pre-owned Q24s to gauge a reasonable asking price but haven't been able to find any, do you happen to have an idea of what a good asking price would be? Also if you have any ideas of the best place to list it for sale, or people to contact to help facilitate its sale it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

best, Amanda