View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 02:19 PM
bearisgray
Power Poster

If you are interested in selling her other things - and if you have the time for shipping -
there are sites on facebook that are for quilters to sell things -
Craigslist -
ebay -

You might have a "going out of business" type of sale for her other items -and price accordingly - advertise wherever you can post a sign - and where quiltlers/sewists might lurk - if you have time to do that.

Sorry - no help whatsoever on selling the long-arm. I hope you find a "good home" for it.
I don't know how much time and/or effort you are willing to put into it. Or how much of a "get it done and over with" mode you (and your Dad) are in.

Another thought - an estate type of sale - but make sure that the person running it is familiar with machines, fabrics, etc. -

Or an auction. That is a gamble - could do well or be a dud.

Maybe even put out an ad (plea) for help from a nearby person that quilts (if you can find one) and ask for assistance - trade for fabric/good/tools or a commission to get the items cleared and sold out.

From this board, people have said they were able to sell (quickly) fabric for $3 to $4 a yard. Now quilting type cotton varies from about $4 (Walmart lower end) to $13 or more (local quilt shop prices) .

With this covid-19 thing, it makes everything more difficult. But - where there is a will - there is frequently a way.

I know that if there is a really good deal for fabric or a sewing machine - I am willing to travel miles and through rain, sleet, and snow to get there. But it has to be a really good deal.

Or you could just box almost everything up and donate it somewhere - although , for me, "somewhere" is kind of hard to decide on.

Sorry - no help whatsoever on the longarm. But I do hope you find a "good home" for it.

Last edited by bearisgray; 10-12-2020 at 02:22 PM.