Old 10-16-2020, 04:38 AM
Snooze2978

I have bought with an overkill thinking from time to time. I try to go in the middle when it comes to the price though. It basically depends on how often I'll use it or if its a one time deal then I might go toward the low end. If I can borrow it from someone I'll do that too and make sure it goes back to that person in the same shape I received it.

At times like just a couple years ago I'd been using my dependable Viking Designer 1 combo machine since 2000 as it did what I needed at the time. Went to a class to check out the new Epic with no intention of getting it but after playing with it and a deal I couldn't pass up I traded my lovable D1 for the Epic. Then they gave me a bonus to buy more items for the machine. I went wild.....dummy me. Luckily most of my feet and hoops still fit the Epic so that was a plus and a deciding factor on the trade too. Afterwards a month or so later I decided it would be great to have both machines so one could embroider while I pieced on the other one. Problem was when I had taken it in to see if I could buy it back they claimed my screen died on it so maybe it was a blessing that I traded it in when I did. Anyway, now I try to curb my spending on items that I may or may not really need. I also play with power tools but have been lucky to find them at garage sales from folks I know and know the tools were properly cared for.

I did regret my over spending on items for the Epic as some I have yet to use and its been a couple years now.