View Single Post
Old 10-31-2020, 04:32 AM
Iceblossom

So I've been quietly keeping to my quilting and happy things and last week has been better while being mostly off line.

I have had some talks with Rebecca who has been under the weather. I gave her extra freedom in border sizes and such, she knows that I wish to end up with something queen sized and rectangular and that I still have those "basket" blocks to hopefully put with my top. Well, they will go, just don't know front or back... I also told her to not overly stress the time factor, that if she could get "substantially complete" pictures by the 15th so the group can see I can wait for actual delivery until the end of the month.

My goal is to have my borders on in time for my upcoming Tuesday Group, so I will most definitely be on time! Getting a picture is going to be tough, but I think the best bet is to go to my husband's work lunch room.

I'm happy with what I've come up with. I decided my original concept wasn't going to work well for two reasons, one was I didn't have enough black fabric and two, it was basically a Seminole design and super small and all the seams would make it stiff and uncomfortable. So I played with the scale, enlarging it greatly (while keeping close to 6", oh... 10" blocks would have been so much easier and doable!) and reducing the amount of black I was using to what I actually have until I had a compromise of vision, fabric, and quilt. Or I have something anyway!

I want to say again how much our efforts have interested and amused the people around me. I have my small group, neighbors and at least 6 other people following the adventures and story via email. Everyone has been so impressed by all of you, and maybe the neighbors might be thinking of me as more eccentric than crazy