View Single Post
Old 11-13-2020, 10:17 AM
Iceblossom

Yes, Janie, glutton for punishment that I am, I'm doing a second Frolic top with the goal of getting it done just before the new mystery starts. The original maker lost her joy in the project and I've just had a terrible time getting started on my own projects this year -- yet I really enjoy my sewing machine time, hearing it purr and feeling the fabric go beneath my hands and the needle, so putting together a UFO seemed rather attractive.

So she sent me her wonderfully done and cut subunits along with extra fabric and printed out directions (and extra gifts!) with no pressure or time deadlines and it was the most wonderful thing! Sometimes I say that for me putting together quilts is like other people doing puzzles, and that the only thing that really slows me down is getting my tops actually quilted down.

So for me this is the fun part, the putting together and watching the blocks bloom and then just when I'm tired of it, I'm going to put it in a box and mail it off and let someone else deal with turning it into a quilt.

I will be using Bonnie's diagonal layout. I've gotten the blocks completed and today I'm working on piecing the sashing. I had to cut the Parakeet color and join it to the neutral/raspberry units already made for me. I put on my sashing on the blocks in an L shape first, once I have the sashing on I will layout the top and make my final decision on the border. Again, the original maker made all those HST units and all I have to do is stick them together. I used Bonnie's border on mine, will be doing a different variation on this one. Not quite sure which one though until I see it laid out.

Again, goal is to finish top before Thanksgiving... I'm hoping to have pix end of next week but this has been sort of a low health week for me.