Old 11-14-2020, 10:02 AM
SherylM

Default Janome 6700P finally came home yesterday!!

I put a Janome 6700P on layaway at the end of July - it's finally here and I'm so excited! I've got 12 vintage mechanical sewing machines, but this is my first computerized machine. I've been playing with it since last night and I really love it.

Janome 6700P

It's a semi-industrial and I like that there are things that are familiar, like the manual tension knob and presser foot pressure adjustment. I like the fact tht the "nose" is more streamlined than many other machines. I really like the ability to do things like change the needle drop on the 1/4" setting from a scant 1/4" to a bit more than 1/4", and then save it to "Favorites".

The lighting is fabulous; the 6 LEDs cast very even light over the entire bed of the machine - no shadows. The foot controller cracks me up...it's ginormous! It has a start/stop button, but so far, I'm not a fan. Maybe with a long straight seam I'd like it better, but right now...not so much.

SewEnchanted recommended the AccuFeed H2 foot and I went ahead and ordered that because it looks like something I'll use all the time, so thank you for that. I've been wanting to do some quilts with curved piecing and I think that will be very helpful.

I tried the knee lift, but it felt awkward so I decided to wait until I'm more familiar with the machine. I love that I can see how full the bobbin is - hopefully no more "oops - the bobbin ran out 18 inches ago."

The bottom line...I'm really, really happy that I bought this machine and I'm excited about some of the things that I'm going to be able to do with it!