Old 11-15-2020, 09:15 AM
Iceblossom

Came back too late to edit, but here's a (very) rough draft of what I'm thinking. I think my postcard is a little short in my non-measured version.

The quilting down is the thorn in my process. It's not how I think, it's not how I work, and I got spoiled when I had a long arm available to me!

The scrollwork would look more like something from an award certificate (I want a combination of swirlys and points) and should be pretty easy to FMQ. Both the ovals and the scrolls I'll have to mark, just because I FMQ doesn't mean I can freehand it! I am trying to find ways to make this work with my domestic machine and I think this is doable. Most likely my first step will be to grid the black lines with black thread fully in the ditch to hold everything down. I'm not sure if the scroll work in the sashing will be with black thread or not... Then I will probably switch to a battleship gray to mostly blend in. The gray stitching will be stop/start I think with the walking foot. With my size of blocks the large oval with a bit of a meander around it will not interfere with the large prints and be adequate quilting spacing, but the oval will still be relatively large and unquilted.
Attached Thumbnails postcard.jpg