View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 02:29 PM
Iceblossom

Julie, welcome aboard. This is a really great place for those of us with large stashes to get ideas from our fellow quilters dealing with similar design or other issues.

While doing well on full price fabric, I still give myself a certain amount of thrift store shopping exemptions... My big weakness is for "pieces big enough for a back". I have plenty of little pieces and not so much anything over 3 yards. Well, I saw one today at the thrift store, 6+ yards of a nice, rather pale toned largeish scale (4-6" objects) Christmas fabric, on sale today for $10. Old me would have snatched it up in a minute. New me reminded myself that I have already given away most of my holiday fabric, leaving exactly one Christmas themed quilt already on the to-do list and that it was in primary red/green and white and already had a back.

We do get a few exemptions per year, and we understand the regular temptations of buying. I still love fabric, textiles of all sorts really. There is no shame in stash! We are just trying to use more of it than we buy. Trying anyway