Old 11-16-2020, 07:21 PM
Rose_P

Short answer: 3 little quilts finished so far in 2020.
It's been kind of a different year in many ways, as I'm sure everyone has noticed. In addition to sewing over a hundred masks for family and friends, I finished a baby quilt for a new granddaughter, born in January, and another one for my niece's first grandbaby in February, then not long after that I seem to have lost my ability to focus on anything for long. Sewing the masks made me realize how rewarding it can be to finish lots of little things. I started making baby dresses, and after I got the impression that they were not going to get much use, I turned my attention to making other small things for the kids, some for now and some for later. I made a blue denim whale (easy and quick, if not exactly small!) for the grandbaby's big brother, and that was rewarding, as was (more recently) a Halloween costume for my older grandson. I also bought an 18" doll and started making a large wardrobe of doll clothes for my granddaughter to play with when she's a bit older: jeans, a raincoat, a karate outfit, scrubs (including mask and scrub cap and "disposable" shoe covers), a kimono, a clown costume and dresses for all occasions. This is so much fun! I find that tiny projects that can usually be completed in a matter of hours help me to get some sort of steady use from the sewing room and accumulated supplies, and no thought of pandemic or politics ever troubles my mind while I'm in there.
Along the way, I did manage to finish another quilt. I dug out a little bit of stretched star patchwork that I was inspired to make one time more than twenty years ago and finished it as a doll quilt. From there I was inspired by a recent daily deal from MSQC to start another doll quilt with a kitten theme. In addition to the grandchildren, I also have little grand nieces and nephews and one great grand nephew, and they provide more incentive to keep making baby and doll things for awhile.

Last edited by Rose_P; 11-16-2020 at 07:29 PM. Reason: improve clarity