View Single Post
Old 11-16-2020, 08:39 PM
givio

House Warming Patch Work by Yoko Saito.

Yoko Saito is a popular Japanese quilter, well, popular in Japan, I guess. :-) She is known for her use of neutrals-- lots of taupe, beige, gray, tans, etc. She uses wools, linens, silks, etc. besides cottons, and mixes types of fabrics in one project too. She also does a lot of hand piecing and hand quilting. And being Japanese, her book patterns are done in metric. Plus, the patterns in the book were quite small.

In my downsizing, I moved from a pc to a lap top. My lap top was new tech and my scanner/printer that I used with my pc was old tech, so I was without a way to copy her patterns unless I left home to use a scanner someplace else. So, I used graph paper to draw the patterns out. That's why you see in my previous picture all that crumpled graph paper in my scrap pile behind the stack of blocks. :-) It would have been handy to scan the patterns, then digitally re-size them. Now, I have these little piles of patterns, and I can't decide if I should save them? Maybe it's another one of those decisions where if I throw them out, a year later I will want them.

PS. You see the terrible low lighting in my bedroom where I sew... so it's a reason I prefer to not sew in the evening after I get home from work! I ought to break down and purchase a lamp.
Attached Thumbnails pattern-pieces.jpg   yoko-saito-book.png  

Last edited by givio; 11-16-2020 at 08:44 PM.