Old 11-17-2020, 01:10 PM
SherylM

Originally Posted by Watson View Post
Congratulations!
Don't forget to play with your decorative stitches as well.
Have fun exploring your new machine.
Watson
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Congratulations and so happy for you. Just enjoy every function and decorative stitch and try and use them all. I have had a Janome 6600MC for years and love it and use the stitches all the time.
I set aside the quilt that I've been working on and pulled out a UFO that's been in hiding for a couple of years, but I've also been playing with all of the decorative stitches. So much fun! I already have some favorites and am looking forward to using them on projects.

So far my favorite feature has got to be the automatic thread cutter. Wow! Truthfully, I was a bit skeptical but now I understand what all the hype's been about! It's so convenient and, while I've never worried at all about wasting thread, I'm amazed at the amount of thread that it saves, though some of that is because I no longer have a bobbin thread tail that I have to hang on to.

Another thing that I really like is the 1/4" piecing foot. I've used them before but the metal guard on them was never rigid enough, so they flexed and the seam allowance ended up being the wrong size. I've thrown two of them away, but this one is great!

I'm one of those weird people that name inanimate objects and all of my machines have names. We have bonded, and I have named her Nelda. Don't ask me why; I don't know anyone by that name, but it just popped into my head and it seemed right, so Nelda it is!

Last edited by SherylM; 11-17-2020 at 01:21 PM.