View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 06:09 AM
okgirldesigns

Default Hey all, OK quilter/newbie here

Hi! I've been sewing (self-taught) since 1996. IN that time, I've sewn lots of clothes, blankets, quilts in different sizes, handbags, tote bags, mug rugs, etc. Sewing is enjoyable for me, and the "therapy" from my day job: Special Needs HS teacher (moderate to sever disabilities). In the last 6 years my t-shirt quilting has increased with my school pals retiring and what not. So far, I've made 12 of them this year. These last 4 waiting will be the first start to finish production I've done. (I've bought a long arm machine that will be the latest machine to my hoard machine collection. Yes I need all of them....lol). I've also just recently branched out and started sewing with knit material, which I love too. (That's a vicarious dislike passed down from my family genes that's turned out to be easy with a serger/overlock machine.)

My hubs and I live in hot and windy Oklahoma, where yes the wind does blow all the time! I love it, and I love who I share it with. Got 3 kiddos, the "baby" is in HS....sigh...and a farm full of animals I raise for therapy and food....more therapy and happiness than anything!