View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 06:59 PM
Spartanden

Well I've been doing a lot of looking, asking questions, prying into various you tubes and think I have decided to get serious about a Sailrite machine. These are expensive, but portable. They are designed to be used to make sails, awnings, canopies, etc. So I feel pretty confident this will suit my needs. I have NOT found a single used Sailrite on the market!! Other machines are available used for better prices, but they have oil issues, are mounted on tables that are fairly large.... the oil sump units tend to leak. I have limited space, carpet in family room, and don't care to spend this much. But due to the smaller size, portable machine, it should fit onto my sewing table just fine. That way I can move machines back and forth and not have space issues. I have sent a laundry list to sailrite, asking various questions about what comes with, required options, etc. This basically has the same footprint as my Singer 4522, has heavier sewing capabilities, go thru and sew this things I currently have issues with. If I do move forward, I will let you know.... I know this site is all about quilting, but it is the only sewing site I visit with any regularity. Thanks for putting up with this old fart!!! Or should I say old biker, veteran, retired fart?!