Old 11-23-2020, 10:01 AM
Hagridsmom

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
I would skip it unless you could test it for all of it’s functions including a good run at FMQ if you wan t to do that. There may be another reason it doesn’t have a hand wheel. Dropped? I bought a used nouvelle and had the opportunity to test it. Straight stitched fine. The little I tried the FMQ I thought it was fine. But on a real project it broke thread every few minutes. I tried every thread/needle
combination and finally took it in. It had a damaged hook. I traded it in in the newer version and never had a problem again.
Thankyou so much for your reply. I actually hadn't thought that far. I knew it had the feeling of too good to be true but I hadn't actually thought of the reasons it that could prove it! Now I am totally comfortable passing on something that I really can't afford and don't need! I used to work at a sewing machine store and have under 20 but close machines, Straight stitchers, about 5 FWs, 2 Berninas and several Brother combination sewing and embroidery machines and a lonely Elna! I don't need the nouvelle at all. I also have a long stored Singer 301 in a table for the first person willing to come get it. I live in St Charles, MO. It belonged to my ex's aunt and is in my basement. Lots of goodies in the drawers. Thank you again for your thoughts!!