View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 05:24 AM
Cattitude

My experience has been similar to that of WMUTeach (nicely put, brava!). This week I filled my cart twice because I was “allowed to” and yet it didn’t take a ton of willpower to hit the delete button. I did not have a large stash and managed to reduce what I did have significantly over the last 11 months. In fact all but a few blenders and maybe 10m of miscellaneous prints are kitted up for projects. I even used up at least half of my scrap bin. Bottom line is I have become much more discriminating. The one thing I splurged on this morning for Cyber Monday was a machine. Last spring I picked up an inexpensive machine for piecing so that I could keep my Janome set up for FMQ. What I didn’t account for was how much I would regret not getting speed control. Funny how you get used to things. This morning I purchased a Singer Quantum Stylus 9960 at an excellent price. Pre Janome I had a version of this machine for 20 years, it was a tank. I am hoping for more of the same with this one. The other machine will go to my 10 year old niece who is ready for an upgrade from the toy machine she received a couple of years ago.