View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 05:02 PM
Sheddah

Sounds like your wife knows what she likes! You two should seriously go to town and try them all out if possible. She should take fabric samples and put each machine to the same “test”. I did that before purchasing my last main machine, and it really helped make the choice clear.

Bernina’s are expensive, somewhat diva-like and have a steep learning curve. They are expensive to service and repair as well. But they sew over heavy seams without hesitation. Juki machines are work horses too. And Janome’s give you a lot of machine for your money. They are all good machines and all have models <$3000. With Bernina you’ll likely get a machine with a considerably smaller harp area for the same money as Janome. Depends on your wife’s priorities. Once she “test-sews” on each machine, she’ll know. Kind of like seeing an auto’s features on paper, and then you take the test drive for an unexpected result.

So wonderful of you to help your wife choose a sewing machine of her liking. The search is fun as well as the find. Enjoy!

Sorry, I just saw that you ordered the Janome. I’m sure she’ll love it!

Last edited by Sheddah; 12-03-2020 at 05:07 PM.