View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 02:06 PM
OurWorkbench

Originally Posted by nnopes View Post
... the two squiggly pieces with the rotating screws below the tucker..... My set seem to be made of much flimsier metal than the original set. Thank you!!
I can't help with the other questions in this post, but I can about these two
underbraid-shirrplate.png
The top one is what is called a bed mount underbraider and the bottom one is called a bed mount shirring plate.

It looks like the ruffler is a Singer with a patent applied for, but it is not shown in the 1919 parts list for the 66-1, nor are the other items. I do know that Greist made attachments for many different machine, so it is possible some of these attachments were after-market attachments and not made by Singer. I think that Greist made buttonholers that were made with the Singer name on them.

I hope Macybaby will drop in and answer, as I am curious about the other items also. Do your attachments have numbers on them? It seems that there were some very early attachments, that I'm fairly certain were made by Singer, but did not have numbers on them. Most attachments by Singer did have Singer or Simanco and a number on them.

We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

I have found that only the big red "Reply" button or "Quote" work to give me the paper clip icon to work for adding pictures.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...p-location.jpg

Some additional info regarding reducing images at post #4 and images for the scroll and upload button can be found at #5 of quilt block ID?

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 12-05-2020 at 02:07 PM. Reason: add'l info