Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
66 treadle back clamp accessories >

66 treadle back clamp accessories

66 treadle back clamp accessories

Old 07-12-2016, 07:11 AM

Mickey2 - thanks for the photo. That looks very well made.
Old 07-12-2016, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by ndnchf View Post
...That looks very well made.
It should look just right on the presser bar :- )

I noticed you haven't had a chance to polish the needle and presser bar yet. It took me about a year before I found out they usually polish up like new. The bars are steel and with the right stuff even the most stubborn grime and dirt come off. With the feet and plates it's unfortunately not always the case, once the nickle plating goes it's gone. However, they usually shine up reasonably well too even if not like new.

The first polish I used didin't do much for the steel bars and I though they just were like that. Later I discovered Quick-Glo Chrome Cleaner (an all round metal polish in a small tub, for cars I think) and it gives a very deep shine; I have several tubes of stuff that work much the same; Auto-Sol, Pol metal polish, ... You likely have something around the house that will work. When you take off the needle clamp, thread guide, thread cutter; clean and polish everthing, it's surpising how good it all looks when it's back on.

Last edited by Mickey2; 07-12-2016 at 08:10 AM.
Old 07-18-2016, 11:28 AM

Rebecca, I have a hemmer foot that came from a back-clamp 66. I found it at a yard sale this past weekend.

If you would like to have it, I'll be glad to give it to you...if the postage to Canada is not too wild. I have received several needed bits from fellow forum members. I'm tickled to be able to play it return the favors, even if in such a small way.
Attached Thumbnails dsc07403-640x480-.jpg  

Last edited by Caroline94535; 07-18-2016 at 11:31 AM.
Old 12-05-2020, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
for fun, here are some other sets of back clamp attachments.

I also have never seen a buttonhole attachment, however I have several older bar clamp ones that may work. I've never tried them to see how they might line up. It would require taking the back clamp attachment point off the presser bar first.

Would you be willing to share some more information about the attachments in your first photo? Namely, the binding feet with the flat attachment points, the quilting guide without a presser foot, and the two squiggly pieces with the rotating screws below the tucker. I recently acquired a 66-1 that came with most of the standard back clamp attachments, along with other items, including some of these flat attachment ones! My searches for information have come up empty. Do they belong to the 66-1 or a different machine? My set seem to be made of much flimsier metal than the original set. Thank you!!
Old 12-05-2020, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by nnopes View Post
... the two squiggly pieces with the rotating screws below the tucker..... My set seem to be made of much flimsier metal than the original set. Thank you!!
I can't help with the other questions in this post, but I can about these two
underbraid-shirrplate.png
The top one is what is called a bed mount underbraider and the bottom one is called a bed mount shirring plate.

It looks like the ruffler is a Singer with a patent applied for, but it is not shown in the 1919 parts list for the 66-1, nor are the other items. I do know that Greist made attachments for many different machine, so it is possible some of these attachments were after-market attachments and not made by Singer. I think that Greist made buttonholers that were made with the Singer name on them.

I hope Macybaby will drop in and answer, as I am curious about the other items also. Do your attachments have numbers on them? It seems that there were some very early attachments, that I'm fairly certain were made by Singer, but did not have numbers on them. Most attachments by Singer did have Singer or Simanco and a number on them.

We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

I have found that only the big red "Reply" button or "Quote" work to give me the paper clip icon to work for adding pictures.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...p-location.jpg

Some additional info regarding reducing images at post #4 and images for the scroll and upload button can be found at #5 of quilt block ID?

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 12-05-2020 at 02:07 PM. Reason: add'l info
Old 12-05-2020, 05:47 PM

Okay, I didn't search as much as I should have. I had forgotten that Singer did have a few versions of the back clamp feet. I found another source about Singer 66-1 attachments at http://needlebar.org/nbwiki/index.ph...ts/Accessories and had forgotten about http://needlebar.org/nbwiki/images/1...tachments2.jpg and http://needlebar.org/nbwiki/index.ph...e:66drawer.jpg The links above don't show how to use, but most should be fairly easy to figure out if one is familiar with attachments in general.

It looks like the adapter foot for the flat attachment points is on the far right above the quilting bar.in Macybaby's image.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)