Thread: 1st FMQ Block
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2020, 07:44 AM
CaleyH

Amethyst, Welcome to quilting. As I have mentioned before, I am about six months or so into my own adventure into quilting. I've always found photos are helpful. I'm so happy we have the internet, and so many people who share their experiences through writing or photos. I try to do the same with whatever I happen to be doing

Your quilting is wonderful. You must have a steadier hand than I do. Your details are very well proportioned.

I've found that if I try to just move the quilt to try making some design, I just don't seem to be able to control things. I think it is much like my inability to transfer the music in my head to a keyboard, or to my Zither or Hammered Dulcimer. I just cannot get what's in my head to my hands. So I draw what I want on the quilt top, then I can easily move the quilt along those lines to do my quilting.

I'm going to try doing some wavy lines on my next block. Will have to cut a template so that I can trace those lines. I've plenty of fairly thick plastic I have left over from my bathroom tub surround renovation. I am using that to create my templates.