View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 06:26 PM
yourstrulyquilts

Originally Posted by Lisanne
I don't know how effective the bottled stuff would be.

Lemon juice is acidic, and most bacteria can't survive in an acidic environment. So when you drink it (say, a full tablespoon in enough water to make one cup) 2 - 3 cups a day, it can clean up many kinds of infections:
-- skin disorders such as acne, dandruff, exzema (sp?)
-- gum disease (mild to moderate) and tooth decay (but it works inside the tooth. You don't want to swish it around your mouth, because the acid will harm your tooth enamel.)
-- internal infections such as the kind that give you the runs

It can reduce inflammation, which may help with joint pain.

It basically works much like apple cider vinegar, although they have different vitamins and minerals. And it's far more pleasant to drink, though I don't think it's quite as effective.

The one thing I've been told is that people with congestive heart failure should not take apple cider vinegar. I would guess it applies to lemon juice, too.

I don't add sugar or artificial sweetener to lemon juice.
I was interested in the comment that maybe lemon juice shouldn't be used by people with congestive heart failure, so I Googled it and according to all the different articles, lemons and limes are really good for anyone, even those with congestive heart failure. There were a lot of cautionary items about not to suck on lemons or limes, because it will remove the enamel on your teeth, and that using as little as 1 teaspoon was beneficial. :-)