View Single Post
Old 01-01-2021, 01:53 PM
tropit

Originally Posted by SallyS
This is a helpful thread. Thank you, Tropit for posting it. I do take Crestor to lower the cholesterol my body makes, regardless of what I eat. I've noticed over the years I eat almost no beef -- except for an occasional In-N-Out. I'd sure appreciate some good fish recipes!
Ummmmm...In N' Out...(Shake it off!)

About fish and seafood...I've been finding very inexpensive seafood in the freezer section at our local Safeway s/a large, peeled and deveined shrimp, Wild Pacific Salmon, Cod fillets, whole, shelled clams and whole, shelled mussels. The prices are really low...lower than chicken, or even tofu and the quality is good.

Tonight, I'm making mussels in tomato sauce with linguini along with a green salad, with some goodies thrown in. So simple. Make your salad ahead of time and add whatever, little morsels you want, toss with OV and set aside for just a few minutes while you make the mussels.

The very easiest thing you can do is to open a can of marinara sauce, chop up a couple of tomatoes and toss them together in a saute pan. Add a little clam juice, or kelp powder, if you have those, a fresh squeeze of lemon, some minced garlic and some chopped parsley. Simmer for just a couple of minutes and when you are ready to serve, throw in the shelled mussels and some cooked linguine and heat through. Serve with some parm cheese, or hemp seeds on top along with your special salad...done.