View Single Post
Old 01-02-2021, 12:21 PM
Janinem

Question I need advice on borders.

Hello fellow quilters,

I'm working on a quilt the pattern is from Craftsy's It's the Canon Creek quilt along, I bought the kit 10-11 years ago, just now getting it finished, and when I bought the kit I wanted to make the quilt bigger, the pattern is more of a xl twin and I WAS wanting a queen, now my Sister in law wants the quilt and needs/wants a California King. My problem is when I bought the kit they didn't have anymore of the dark blue batik so I ended up purchasing one of the tan batiks for the extra fabric needed, anyway, I went to a fabric store and bought a dark blue that will work, but I can't figure out how to arrange the borders, or how many is too many. the pattern calls for 2 borders, one a medium green2 1/2" and the other 7 1/2" dark blue, the pattern has an addendum saying to add another 9 1/2" border to make it a queen, I'll need to add another border (which will make it 4 borders) and need another 9 1/2" to make it a cal. King. SO if you're still with me, I usually do light to dark with my borders but I don't think I should put the 2 dark blue fabrics together, they blend well but maybe too well.
1. Is 4 borders too many?
2. will putting the tan color between to two blues make the eye jump around? KWIM?
3. What would you do? I don't have enough of the medium green to make it a bigger border than the 2 1/2".
sorry if this was confusing or too long.