View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 03:37 AM
Battle Axe

When I was 6 years old and in the first grade my Dad decided to take me to school one day instead of riding the bus. Neither of us noticed that there were no cars or busses at the school. Neither had they left anyone there to re-direct forgetful students. That was the day of the dress rehearsal for the school play. I was the lead. Somehow I had no note to my folks nor memory of the schedule.

Dad had pulled out of the parking lot and never looked back to the school. I was totally alone next to a state highway in a very rural part of California. I started to walk down this highway toward ?? I had no idea where to go. I then remembered that the rehearsal was at a different school, but that was 4-5 miles away. After a few minutes the mother of one of my classmates drove up to me and wanted to know why I was there. This classmate lived within walking distance to the school and her mother was required to drive her to the other school. By the time we got to the other school there was total chaos. I ran from the parking area onto the stage and started my singing.

Who knows what would have happened if someone else would have spotted me. I hate to think. It caused all sorts of rules to be in place to prevent this from happening again.