Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 12:07 PM
Seneth

Default Newbie

Hi, everyone, I don't know if I'm putting my introduction in the right section, if not please excuse the mistake.

I'm Seneth and I live in Ohio. I made three quilt tops in the late seventies. I had one of them quilted by an Amish lady for our son's wedding and started to quilt a Shoo-Fly myself but after dealing with bloody sore fingers for weeks on end I packed it and my other top away. I finally got everything out and started on another couple of tops a few months ago because I've been bored to death being confined to the house since March.

I have discovered it was much....easier to make quilt tops forty years ago than it is now. I've literally worn out a couple of seam rippers (and several quilt pieces) because I forgot how precise we have to be with a one-quarter inch seam. : (

I enjoy reading all your posts and would like to know how to reply to a post please, I don't see an empty box at the bottom of the posts. I would appreciate any help from anyone on any subject. Thank you so much.