View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 06:06 AM
Snooze2978

Right now I'm having my kitchen remodeled while a sunroom is being built along side it. Due to this pandemic materials have been hard to come by. My windows for the sunroom and kitchen were ordered back in October and still haven't arrived. My AC/Heat unit for the sunroom is having problems too. Got the interior unit installed but the exterior unit was waylaid down in KY for some sort of quarantine. So they ordered another one and it got here last Wednesday only to have someone run a forklift thru it. My contractor is so livid that he told the plumber either he gets another external unit here pronto or he can remove what he has installed and my contractor will get a whole unit in town. Seems supplies (plumbers) like to order out of state as they can get a rebate in their pocket while the residence is waiting forever. Then this week we had a snow storm come thru so the electrician that was supposed to show up on Monday or Tuesday..................didn't show up as I suspected he wouldn't. This is holding up insulating and wallboarding the kitchen walls. Right now all I have to use is my stove and sink. Have an extra microwave down in the basement but that's a lot of stairs for me to prepare my food. Also have fallen down the stairs twice this month alone so having to take it easy. Will be so glad when this is all done. Thought about getting new appliances for the kitchen but heard they are scarce so decided to wait another year before I did it. Glad I made that decision now.