View Single Post
Old 01-28-2021, 07:19 AM
sewingpup

Hi, I agree those round shank needles can be tricky to get inserted correctly. You may have the hole not facing the right direction or just a little off. take out your manual and follow the "insertion of needle" directions. One of my instructors said to take a very fine pin and insert it into the hole of the needle so you can see that you have the needle inserted correctly. Be very careful with this so you don't scratch the eye of the needle...another one said to cut a very fine sliver off a business card and insert in the opening of the needle. I never had much luck with that method. I did find some "needle magnets" which stick to the needle and apparently will align themselves with the needle opening so you can see the direction the needle opening is facing. The other thing I can think of is you are using a long stitch and moving the machine too fast, the needle doesn't have time to go up and down and the needle will flex causing it not to pick up the bottom thread and you get skipped stitches....but as it is not picking up at all. I am thinking it is with the needle insertion. Also make sure that the needle is fully inserted into the machine. These beginner learning curve things are frustrating...but it will get better. oops...see you already have the needle magnets....