View Single Post
Old 02-05-2021, 02:36 PM
Jo Belmont

Default Solved standing problem

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
Timely thread! I'm trying to do something and I guess I don't know which way to go either. I have two long arms and don't have either one set up now. I find I can't do standing free quilting due to a hip that is talking to me. So I will have to choose option 1...sell both.....option 2. buy computer software to get it to run itself.
Plenty of folks want to give me peanuts for what I've got and charge arm and leg for the software if I keep them.
Do we have a long arm guru on this forum?
I have a problem standing for any length of time as well. It was easily solved, however, with a drafting chair which rises adjustably to the height needed. At the time I bought it (a couple years ago), drafting chairs were really spendy ($3-500), At the time, I found one online at WalMart and got it for $70!

It's padded, has an adjustable back, a raised foot rest, etc. and as I'm working at my machine and need to move side to side, I simply use the rail to propel myself where I need to go. Of course, this requires a hard-surface floor. It had free delivery and I set it up myself in mere minutes. Easy!

So don't give up on your machine(s). It's an easy fix for those of us with a touchy back or hips.