Old 02-16-2021, 05:28 PM
quiltingshorttimer

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Stitch678 ... I don't really have an answer for you as I haven't used the disappearing purple ones to any account. However, I do use the Frixion pens which can reappear in the cold as well. Sometimes that is ... I think using Best Press in the piecing process gives a protective coating to keep them from sinking in, and then having what's needed to reappear. Only a guess, but there definitely is an inconsistency. Instead of the iron to remove the Frixion markings, I have used a hair dryer/blower! I know some toss theirs into the dryer for the heat to remove.

As for the storm ... pretty much a nothing here. Little snow. No blow.
We had maybe 2" ... and I may be stretching that too!
Maybe because I am above the escarpment here?
Sunny and bright right now ... with a few flakes prettily drifting down.
Perfect day, right? ... well only if I get to the sewing room!!!!!
Interesting thought on the Best Press causing the marker to return. While I have not had problems with either the blue or purple markers, I had a horrible time getting UltraClean Crayola Markers out of a customer quilt (green on tan). It was a large diamond in a baby quilt and she asked me to do farm animal designs in that center. It was cut on bias but didn't have any stretch which should have tipped me off that she'd starch it. I'm always wondered if the starch caused the green marker to just not come out. What a nightmare!. After I took it off the frame I zigzagged the edges (I didn't have her binding)and then washed in machine--1st with just water; then with water and Grandma's Stain Remover on the lines; then with mild detergent. Then I used blue Dawn and let soak in cold water overnight. Finally it was gone. Gave the customer a free quilting for all the hassle and gave the markers to my grandsons.