Thread: S.S. scam calls
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2021, 05:06 AM
mermaid

Default S.S. scam calls

Well, I have been receiving calls saying my S.S. number has been compromised. I know it is a scam call, and just hang up, But yesterday I decided to follow thru and first info he asked for was my complete name. I told him he already had that because he called me. He continued to insist I give him my name "so he could look for the case number". Finally, I told him that S.S. dept does not call members, they send letters. He claimed they had changed rules and now place calls. As I continued to argue, he screamed at me "you're a SOB" and hung up. Isn't there any way our govt or phone providers can stop this? BTW, my caller ID showed as a local bank and local number.
Why didn't I disconnect sooner? I had a neighbor who delighted in keeping those people talking with questions, etc. He said he was taking away time that they could use annoying someone else.
Just a couple of wks ago I answered a call that told me I had commited bank fraud and the Federal Reserve had a warrant for my arrest. I laughed and said, "come and get me!"