Thread: S.S. scam calls
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2021, 06:05 AM
IceLeopard

Or you could start playing with them. Most of us are *ahem* "ladies of a certain age." So be a ditzy old lady. I just channel my granny and let her babble. This is my script for the "Microsoft" callers. I start by not even knowing how to turn the computer on, "Frank! How do you turn the computer on? My grandson usually does that for me but he hasn't been back to help me since the power went out on Tuesday or was that Thursday no it was Wednesday because Thursday was the day that Jenny called me because she was in the emergency room with the baby the poor little thing had fallen and split his ear open on the coffee table and she needed me to help hold him down while they stitched it up did you that the top of your ear is hollow on the inside? So anyway what was it you called about Deary? Oh yes turn on the computer. Well when Michael does it for me he says "computer, on!"

I have about 20 minutes of that, rambling from one subject to another until the spammer either gets tired and hangs up or I hit him with the finale. "So who was it you worked for again, dearie? Microsoft? Oh your mother must be so proud that her son has a job with such a big important Corporation. I bet she tells all of her little old lady friends "Yes, my son is a thief and a liar. He spends his days trying to scam ignorant old people out of as much money as he can take them for."