View Single Post
Old 03-29-2021, 05:03 AM
Dave411G

Question A newbie with a 411G question

There's a lots of very experienced poster here and I hope you don't mind my joining you and testing your combined knowledge of all things Singer Slant ?
I've been reading as much as I can about the 401A, it seems a very popular machine indeed!
I very recently bought an old 411G, our European equivalent I believe.

I've watched lots and lots Youtube videos by "Andy tube" (the mans a hero) and I feel like my machine is as healthy as a newbie could make it, I ran off a little lined bag, complete with zipper ! and feeling quite proud of myself .

I do have a question however, I'm having issues with selecting stitches, to be more precise;
I've tried to methodically stitch a length on each of the twin dial settings as a sort of reminder..... a Rosetta stone even.
Right dial options (K,L,M,N,O,P,Q) produce 7 stitches.
Left dial options (D,E,F,G,H,I,J) don't seem to make any difference to the 7 stitches, or add anything in themselves.
(I've tried adding a photo, but might have to make a few posts first I suspect).

Is this correct, is my machine operating as singer intended it to?............And if the answer is yes, what is (D,E,F,G,H,I,J) there for?

Regards,
Dave