Old 03-31-2021, 11:04 PM
Whitterfits

Better pictures of the blanket

I can't believe that I have gotten so many responses on this post. I appreciate from the bottom of my heart.

So to expand on what I mean about the fabric feeling "cold"..
My daughter has something called mast cell activation syndrome. She gets anaphylaxis and allergic reactions to nearly everything. Typically fabric gives her heat rashes but this one doesn't. I'm afraid that it's just from years of use, but some characteristics of the fabric : it doesn't wrinkle, doesn't get hot, dog hair doesn't cling to it. It does NOT feel like minky or anything like that. Her dry heels don't get caught on the fabric (her description haha!)

I went to Joanne's and the fabric that felt the most similar was called lyocell I believe? I have no idea what I'm doing or how I'll even go about making it if I find the right fabric, but there is nothing else I can do to provide her physical comfort. So I'll go to the ends of the earth to find this dang blanket or fabric.

The purple gray one no longer exists, and the blue one is headed that way too. Every edge is opened and batting hanging out. It's literally hanging together by threads.