View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 08:55 AM
Dave411G

Ah....."Go advanced"...looks like it will allow photos/attachments...yes found it at last.

Solved "Straight stitch foot" I was doing it wrong... I was at BK3 ! (serial number coincides with the attach list 170071).
AK3 plate is now a "keeper", due to foot working in A position

Solved; Hemmer foot; "the actual width of the hem"...Oh how silly I am ...BUT......according too 401 service manual number should be 161195, and it is, but far longer in the shank, so i presume that will prevent me form trying and material thicker than what the hemmer could turn over. (serial number coincides with the attach list 161195).

Remaining; The slant shank adjustable zipper foot looks like this link on Etsy. 161127 and it doesn't reach down to the plate.(no number on item).

Button foot is correct (serial number coincides with the attach list 181168)

Looking at the rest of whats in the box;
Screwdrivers both good; 161294 LG and 95 SM
Button foot is correct
Binder wrong- looking for 161174 or is it 81200 (401 list).
Edger wrong- looking for 160625
Ruffler wrong- looking for 160629
Adj Hemmer wrong- looking for?
Other small hemmer wrong- looking for ?

"particularly post #15.".... I never dropped any oil down through centre of cam stack, sounds plausible though.....let me look at exploded diagram....oooh I don't know, poses new question, is it cog 172114 and worm 172002? would oil affect any grease that I'd have placed on the cogs already.?....thinking about it more the cam stacks weight would have to be borne by something stationary....and metallic. Green arrow, dont have a diagram of motor, but bears thinking about....maybe "Andytube" has covered it, i'll look tonight.

Well, its been a good day.....a really good day.

Summary;

I have two lists of (very similar) parts numbers.
I know most of the numbers of the parts I'm now looking for.
learned loads about technicalities of posting here
AK3 set is working (wont need to return the items, and loose; the AK3, hemmer 161195, and button foot).

Just need to identify
two numbers, and purchase the other green ones.

Thanks you all again for another successful day, cheered me up nicely

Attached Thumbnails 401a-worm-172002.gif   401a-cam-stack-exploded-dia.gif  
Attached Files