View Single Post
Old 04-09-2021, 07:11 PM
JENNR8R

Originally Posted by Lady Diana View Post
I use fusible interfacing, place the nubby glue side down on right side of fabric, stitch your shape, etc . Watch Fons & porter :sew Easy interfacing applique on YouTube.
you have a perfect edge without needle turning and some fusible to hold the applique on to your background fabric. After turning, I trim the fusible, so there is only fusible around the edge. You can leave all the fusible on the applique if you wish.
I dont think I understand about your wanting to put interfacing all over your background fabric.
The method I am using for the applique pieces is freezer-paper applique. It is a turned-edge applique method that uses a glue stick to turn the fabric edge around the freezer-paper shape.

Since I have never tried turned-edge applique before, I was wondering if using interfacing on the back of the background fabric would keep it from stretching. I thought handling it so much would make it stretch out. Apparently, no one has that problem so I am going to try it without the interfacing on the back of the background fabric.