View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 08:06 AM
Coxgibbsinger

Default I forgot all about this forum!

Thank you all so much for the replies I have been busy finding a sock knitting machine and trying to work out what in heaven it was so forgot about my Wilcox until my needles arrived today and I remembered that I can't get the dang nut off..I will have a look for the pegansus nuts be worth a try... I bought lots of needles I didn't realise thought I was getting four needles and got four packs of ten and I ordered from two other people on eBay and etsy as well cos I panicked and thought they might be so rare. These are shmetz or something look very old the others will be new but hopefully fit. Anyway... Haven't managed to get it off its still soaking... I can't find kerosene anywhere...its not really a thing you buy here.... Unless you want a tank full lol! And I mean a homheating tank lol! So sewing machine oil and orange oil I have...orange oil was fantastic on my k99 for cleaning oily gunk and rust it didn't damage anything and its non toxic so I like it a lot. It Is a solvent. Its also lovely on the musty wood and get a rid of the smells and old layers of beeswax really nicely... Anyway thank you so much. I thought if I can't get it off maybe people replace the needle bar? Or is it just too different to be exchanged? I saw a lady somewhere who had broken her whole bar so I asked if I could buy her nut...it was years ago she may have thrown it out by now. Anyway I will try to get it off first I suppose and worry about replacement later. No use leaving it on anyway. So gratful you guys!